Morning and evening minibus service
Terrington Hall is well-connected to York, Scarborough, Malton, Easingwold, Kirkbymoorside and many surrounding villages. To provide busy parents with added flexibility and to support a sustainable environment, we offer minibus services on several routes.
If you are interested in travelling from an area which is not currently on a route, please contact us for further information as we try to be as flexible as possible and respond to demand.
Our minibuses transfer day pupils to and from school on weekdays and Saturday mornings. Buses arrive at school before 8.30am and leave school at 5.30pm. Please note there is no bus service on Wednesday afternoon (as it is a 3.30pm finish) or after school on Saturdays.
Children are welcome to use the bus on an ad hoc basis, subject to availability.
We work closely with parents of new children to ensure they quickly feel at home and at ease with their driver.
Current minibus routes
The current bus routes are as follows:
- Sledmere: Sledmere – Kirby Grindalythe – Wharram le Street – North Grimston – Burythorpe – Langton – Terrington
- York and villages to the North: Union Terrace car park, Clarence Street, York – Huntington – Earswick – Haxby – Wigginton – Strensall – Sutton-on-the-Forest – Easingwold – Terrington
- York: Tadcaster Road, York – Gate Helmsley – Sand Hutton – Sandburn Hall – Terrington
- Scarborough: Hutton Buscel – Pickering – High Marishes – Old Malton – Malton (central) – Terrington
- Kirkbymoorside: Marton – Sinnington – Kirkbymoorside – Helmsley – Sproxton – Ampleforth College – Oswaldkirk – Stonegrave – Hovingham – Terrington
Please note that routes are subject to change and to demand.
Minibus travel is charged per journey, per child and we endeavour to keep costs as reasonable as possible.
Charges falls into two bands:
- Per journey of less than 10 miles: £3.50
- Per journey of 10 miles or more: £4.50
For further information about the minibus service, please contact us or call Claire Wainwright on 01653 648227.
Our daughter has loved boarding since Year 3 and you have made it so lovely and homely for them all. I often wish I could join in!